Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Raindrops on roses

Am sipping lemon grass and ginger tea as I type this. What a wonderful relaxing feeling. It would be perfect if it was raining outside now. Reminded me of what Dee said the other day at Haagen Dazs.
What have I been busy with. Details as follows:
Last week of September and first week of October - planned an Oktober Fest party in office.
We celebrated Oktober Fest in office. Ordered a pig from Brewerkz. Pig as in the drink version and not the makan version. What is the difference between a pig and a keg? Both are draft beer. A pig is a smaller verion of a keg. The pig held 8.5 litres. The keg can hold 20 - 30 litres. We choose Golden Ale though YJ wanted Indian Pale Ale. The girls won. Girl Power indeed. Ordered Pork knuckles and sausages from Espirito Santo, a Brazillian meatery (is there such a word?) at River Valley. They grilled and delivered it to our office. The delivery was free, but not the grilling, which was 10 bucks. Speedy and San cooked mashed potatoes. They cheated by using the instant ones but it was sinfully yummy. Didnt know that instant mashed potatoes could taste so yummylicious. In our drunken stupor, we contemplated the next party. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Deepavali......the list goes on. Contemplated going to Ah Neh land again, so that we could get outfits for Deepavali. Our obession with all things Indian is getting quite alarming.

Oh yeah, Dee could not make it for her bday celeb. So we postponed it.
Second week of October - Retail therapy and Dee's bday celeb
Went Ngee Ann City with parents on Sunday. Parents wanted to check out Taka sale. I was feeling way too broke to shop at Taka and wondered around the rest of Ngee Ann City, which proved to be a costly mistake.
Celebrated Dee's birthday at Shaslik. Had a nice surprise prior. Dont ever order the osyter appetisers. It's interesting, but you wont die without experiencing it. Try their soup, the one which starts with a B. Dee tried it. She survived. And it looked and smelt good. Their steaks were nice, always ask for medium if you want medium rare. Skip the Baked Alaska. Once again you wont die.
Went to Haagen Dazs for desserts. They were playing an Andy William song, whose title I cannot remember. Dee said if it was raining now, all would be perfect. I remarked that rainy days, ice cream parlours and melancholic moods go hand in hand. We all giggled. Made plans to go kayaking and do the tree top walk. Then when we all got home, PY remembered she had to attend a church wedding on kayak day. *bleah*
From then till now - Ping and Karen's BDay celeb, Google box and making post exams plans
Celebrated Ping and Karen's bday at Black Angus. Once again, my lack of topo had me going to The Fullerton instead of One Fullerton. Their fried mushrooms and potato skins were yummy. So was the salad. The only disappointing thing was the steaks, which was quite an irony. Did I mention the fudge cake?...No? So you know lah......But the service staff were fantastic.
Bought the Legend Of the Condor Heroes. My reviews will wait for another post. Spent the entire weekend watching it. I think I will buy the book when Kino have their 20% promo again. Watched all my recorded tapes of Qian Long Wang Chao. If I find the VCDs when I'm in Shanghai, I will buy all 3 sets (Kangxi, Yongzheng, Qianlong). Made plans with Smelly KK to meet up for dinner. Found the Pete's Place brunch and emailed to PY, ZS and Dee. Dee asked if it meant we all were going before I left.... *happy smile*
Yesterday and today -
Squid msged to ask if we wanted to go for some play. We contemplated going for some other event, musical I think, starring Laura Michelle Kelly. Canned it in the end as I wont be in country then. Squid asked me to go retail therapy on Friday. I replied with a cheeky msg. hee hee hee She will wring my neck I think.
All I need now is rain. Then all would be perfect. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker