Sunday, September 25, 2005

Firebolt

Am waiting for hair to dry. Then I will take advantage of the thunder, the impending storm and float to lalaland.

Decision to buy a personal cue - 1 split second
Period of waiting before actual action of buying - 5 years, 9 months, 24 days
Feeling of holding personal cue in hand - priceless

For everything else, there's always a sense of humour.

Prior to going down, I had decided on 3 names for my cue stick - Firebolt, Enigma and Iceberg, in order of preference. Was deliberating between Firebolt and Enigma, and chose Firebolt in the end for a practical reason.

1. House cues are usually blue or black, so I wont be a blur queen and bring the house cue back instead.

2. Have yet to see anyone carry a cue stick of that colour.

3. Had already decided on the colour before going down.

Make it 3 reasons.

Sneaked cue back. Before I could hide it, Dad walked past my study table and saw the case lying against the table.

Was trying to think of what to tell him it was when Dad muttered ' Bought a cue?'

Could only nod my head silently, while pretending to be absorbed in the computer monitor. Darn, how could he recognise it! Luckily Dad did not ask me how much it cost.

Sometimes my dad can be too smart for his own good.

Will blog more on cue next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger NA said...

I am getting to love playing pool. Started only about 2 months ago. As my fellow colleagues love it, I joined in the fray. They are good players and so I learn from them.

So far I think I am making oprogress bah. Drop by my blog if you are free.

Have a nice day! =)

Thu Oct 20, 04:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker