Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sloshed

I am growing old.
Went drinking last night. Have been severely sleep deprived for the last few days. Sleep deprivation lowers one's alcoholic tolerance it seems. Yet to finish my drink and was on a euphoric high already. I think I called my tcss friend by another name and did not realised it until friend looked at me and blinked. (How brilliant!).
When I got back, I must have msged a few people, msges whose contents I have absolutely no idea about. Woke up this morning and had a series of smses from people replying to the strangest things on earth. Jeez!
Was at this pub in East Coast, whose name I now cannot remember at all. (But I know how to get there if you're wondering) What I remember was this middle aged lady who kept walking up and down the pathways of East Coast, gesturing away and talking animatedly. It was sad to see her. Yet I know she probably would not want our pity.
Friend sent me back, which was a sweet gesture considering that we live on opposite ends of the island and East Coast was a few min's drive from home for friend.
You know, when you lack sufficient sleep, your body calls up its reserve store of sleep to keep you going. I was so far gone that on the way back, I found myself dozing off while in midst of talking. Yes, THAT bad.
Which makes me wonder how on earth could I have msged anyone at all during the night?
Saw a short article today on Linda Evangelista. I could have spelt her surname wrongly. Am way too lazy to check. *lazy indulgent smile* She apparently does not smoke, do drugs, or drink and attributes her youthful looks to a healthy lifestyle. SM said there definitely must be botex at play. I giggled.
I dont smoke, do drugs. Hell, I dont even take coffee. Giving up alcohol might be a tad hard.
Food for thought indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker