Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Office culture

What is your office culture?

Ever since we got a pool table, a pool culture has evolved. People whom you cannot imagine playing pool can either play darn well, or are learning how to play. Case in point for the former being all the uncles, and the latter all the aunties.
Then everyone started to buy their own cues. Previously, you differentiated the players by: those who have cues cannot play well, but those who dont can play like the devil. Now the better the player, the cheaper his cue and more 'proletariat' it is. If you thought my Firebolt was a frivolous indulgence, some of my colleagues bought their cues overseas. hah!
The best of them all was Uncle Thomas who not only wrote me a mail on how to choose my cue, but also called all the chaps in his section who can kick ass in pool for their advice for me.
Then after I got my cue, only had time to play with it twice.
bleah!
NB. Dad checked out my cue and said it was nice. Then I learnt that Dad used to own a Walter Davis, whatever the heck it is. Skeletons in the closet indeed...... So now I can leave the cue case ard and no longer have to sneak here and there. *smirk*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker