Sunday, September 04, 2005

No Holds Bared

Went blading on Sat morning. Didnt quite realise that fuel gauge arrow was at E till I was on TPE. Oh well, if cab drivers in Bangkok can drive with the bloody fuel indicator on ORANGE, then I am quite sure I will survive. Until of cos, I remembered that it happened to a casual acquaintance sometime back and he got a ticket for it. Apparently it is a traffic offence to drive till you are out of fuel in Singapore. So yes, he was doubly unlucky.
Fell twice while blading. Was trying to do the swizzle, which somehow morphed into an A turn. The right and left legs decided to take on a life of their own and hence fell unceremoniously on my butt. TWICE!!!!! This Friday going blading with colleagues at some Lifestyle thingie. I am so dead. My sense of balance is like the pitts.
Met ghosties for dinner at HRC. Ping told us the brilliant $1000 story. Grin, its just like Dee and my 10 baht story in BKK, except many times more expensive. Karen's getting married next March - the first of my friends to do so, or rather second if I count JT as the first. Stored her wedding date in my hph calender. =)
Duck, do you know that Ping told the staff it was ur bday when she made reservations? Thankfully they didnt sing any happy birthday song for you. Ping whispered it to me, and said she will be so dead if they did. *grin*
Ongie and I wanted to go check out Comex for digital cameras, but decided we will go when it swings by again in December. The human traffic needs some mental prepping. My bank account too. Have yet to assess the full damage of BKK trip and potential damage of upcoming Indon trip. Ongie asked when were we going clubbing? It's a major deconflict of schedules to even arrange a dinner let alone clubbing. Believe it or not, we booked the date for Ping and Karen's bday celeb yesterday, and the date is in mid October. Today is just the start of September. Which reminds me, I need to co-ordinate Squid's bday celeb with PY and ZS.
Ping, Karen and I went Bar None afterwards. The band was great, much much better than the last few times I've been there. Out of the blue, this party of girls [and they were dressed very decently and carried themselves very well mind you] morphed out of nowhere and surrounded this ang moh guy who looked to be in his late 30s. Later, they hit on another younger ang moh fellow. Karen and I exchanged glances. We have seen SPGs in clubs, but these girls definitely dont look like them. What are girls coming to nowadays?
Not long after, we left. Outside, we passed a group of girls surrounding a girl who looked like she was knocked out. She had been on stage earlier doing some kind of prank or forfeit, probably got 'sabo-ed'. Her friends were trying to revive her and saying things in Chinese which translated to like we will try to pace you, and we will watch you from now on. Ping muttered that if you cannot hold your liquor, then do not drink. At the very least, know when to stop.
I totally agree with her. If you want to paint the town red, by all means go. Just know where your own limits are.
*grin*..... Just realised how holier-than-thou my above statement sounded. Oh well, that's truly what I think anyways.
Meeting Squid for dinner later at Dempsey Road. Now I need to send my boots to the cobbler's and practice blading. Time, I need more of it........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker