Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Luck of a Gambler

Is something which I do not have. *mock sigh*
My father can do dodo things like go buy the wrong odds, ie buy for England to give handicap when in actual fact he wants the other team to receive handicap. Then just for that one match, England won 2-0. In fact, it was the only match where England won 2- 0. (England vs Trinidad and Tobago) *disgusted snort*
Or else, he forgets to place his stakes because he had another appointment, and the team he wanted to bet on loses/draw. Something which happens to me, only in the reverse. The matches I forget to bet in, the team I want to stake on wins.
*another disgusted snort*
So we both betted in the Australia Italy game. I went for a draw and Aussie win.After all, fortune favours the bold, or so I thought. My dad plonked money down for the Aussies to receive a handicap. Would you like to guess what happened?
The Aussies conceded a penalty in the dying SECONDS of the game. And of course, just for that one penalty, Italy with its terrible record for penalties, converted it. Bah to Totti!
My dad commented after the final whistle that perhaps Australia might have drawn the game had I not dabbled my non-gambling fingers into the pie. With a big smirk on his face!
And you know what? My dad helped me fill in my Singapore Pools betting slip. In his classic dodo-ness, he marked out an Italy win and draw instead of an Aussie win and draw. As luck will have it, I looked through the slips. And amended his mistake!!!!!!!
Later, he was under the impression that he did not place any stakes for the Switzerland-Ukraine match. Upon checking, he realised he did but forgot about it. And of course, he won again.
Bloody unfair!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to meet your dad. I could do with abit of extra cash *laughs*

Tue Jun 27, 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...u just betted on the wrong combi maybe.
a sign to give up perhaps. ;p

Tue Jun 27, 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger As Time Goes By said...

My dodo father is currently losing on the Brazil-Ghana match. Looks like life is quite fair after all. =)

Wed Jun 28, 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker