Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Xiaxue vs SPG

It is 1.30 am in the morning...and I am aimlessly surfing the net reading blog entries as I wait for the England match to start.

Xiaxue's blog is really funny. You can find her blog under Leisure Reads, not that she would require any testimonials. I first read Xiaxue during the time where there was this big hooha about Sarong Party Girl and her nude pictures. Dan said he found Xiaxue funny. I remarked casually that I preferred Sarong Party Girl's style of writing. (Yes yes, I am a big dinosaur not to know who Xiaxue is. But it was Daily Gripe who first introduced me to this blogging business)
Last weekend, I chanced upon Xiaxue's blog again and started reading...and reading and reading. That is something you can never do for SPG's blog unless you wish for a major headache. It could be because the content is more mature and the sentences more complex (at least for my puny brain). SPG is reserved in her writing, that it is hard for you to know her via her works. And this could be the reason why Xiaxue is so widly popular. You feel the person behind the words, the raw emotions and all. But before you plunge into Xiaxue, let me qualify that this was more apparent in her earlier works. Her recent blog entries seem more 'photoshopped' for lack of a better word, yet definitely still tonnes more 'real' than most bloggers out there.
You get the feeling that this is a girl who understands that to be alive is a grand thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I saw her a few times on TV, being interviewed. She was also involved in this debate over blogging and ethics and stuffs like that. Tot she is quite pretty, or rather, she really knows how to dress up. But Andy thinks otherwise. Hahahaha.

Wed Jun 21, 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger NA said...

Very thoughtful and well written comment we have here.

I cannot agree with you more on your opinion on Xiaxue.

Wed Jun 21, 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker