Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I am off......

To Bangkok...... =)

Leaving for airport in less than 3 hours time. Yet to pack. =)
Not doing much shopping this time. More of a see the world go by holiday. Will be bringing Islam: A Short History by Karen Armstrong there for a leisure read. Duck thought I was mad. *grin* Well, dear Duck, I would never have the patience to plough through such a book in Singapore, with so many things to distract me.
Very sleepy still. Went to catch Pride & Prejudice yesterday. Lovely! Had a great laugh. I feel so inspired to read the book again. And realised that Jane Austen is a brilliant writer. Women's suffrage has progressed much since for which I am thankful.
Something for you to ponder while I am gone.... What does Hua Ze Lei from Meteor Garden and Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice have in common?
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that every man in possession of a fortune must be in want of a wife." - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
How far we have come since then......
Ciao

2 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

Have fun...

Tue Dec 13, 09:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to watch Pride and Prejudice too! Will try to solve the riddle after I watch it. Hahahaha - Ghostie No. 5

Wed Dec 14, 07:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker