Sunday, November 27, 2005

Time, I need more of it

Dear Readers,
Have been way too busy to blog of late. My apologies.

I feel trapped in some time warp. Time has flown past me so quickly that I hardly had time to note its passing. It's the end of November yet you feel as though you're living only in the beginning. Need some time to reorientate self back.
The long and short of my life these few weeks have been as follows.
1. Work
Been busy catching up on work which piled up when I was away due to sprained back, exam leave and on course. Past 2 weeks, did not leave office till sun had set. Was too tired to log on when I got back. Had to do a icky yucky presentation on Wednesdays. Presentations in my opinion create work without accomplishing anything constructive.
2. Read
Have been catching up furiously on my readings. I read in fits. There are days when I dont touch a book at all, and days when I read reams and reams. Have raced through a few Erl Stanley Gardner's Parry Mason, Dad's recommendation. He sounds like a cross between the writer of Sin City (cant remember name) and Ian Flemming. Am now trying to finish Tom Clancy's The Cardinal of Kremlin and Louis Cha's Duke of Mount Deer, plus the stack of Time and Newsweek magazines on my work desk.
3. Friends
Met up with a few friends - PY, Dee and ZS to catch Harry Potter. They should have split the book into 2 movies. It was good, despite them not showing many bits. Victor was much cuter than the book portrayed. Who can forget those deep set eyes..... *drool* Met up with Junior for dinner. Met up with an ex-colleague after he came back from doing relief work in Pakistan
4. Parents
Celebrated my mum's birthday, and then dad's hatchday slightly more than a week later.
5. TV
Have only had time to watch TAR. Today, I just watched 6 hours of Qian Long Wang Chao, which Dad recorded for moi.
6. Clearing leave and holidays
Am faced with a nice problem of having too many days of leave to burn. Will be jetting to Bangkok in December and Chiang Mai in March. =) May be going Malacca for Christmas if there are still accomodations. =) Oh yes, I pushed my trip to Indonesia to next May due to the bird flu. =)
7. Retail
Went to Little India...and bought two punjabi tops and a pair of pants which looks very Aladdin. =)
Am currently shopping for a digital camera. The 64,000 dollar question - Nikon or Canon?
8. Pool and MJ
Played pool with Dad at Pool Fusion. My dad remarked that I dont seem to have improved at all. My pool is highly misunderstood. Played many a mj session with Dad. Dad is on winning streak. Damn!
I write this entry in haste, seeking only to pen down the days and thoughts before they disappear into the dust with the passing minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, when will you be free to play pool with me?? Have been waiting and waiting... Me now really waited till flowers already withered. Oh by the way, you should also read Tom Clancy's Red Rabbit. Not bad as well.

Mon Nov 28, 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger As Time Goes By said...

JF - my dad thinks its fun to watch me fumble at the pool table and laugh at my inaccurate aiming. I've only learnt a couple of tricks from him. 'shrugs'

WT - tell me abt it. The most recent Sunday I msged someone to ask if he wanted to play pool, what did someone reply me?

Tue Nov 29, 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker