Saturday, November 26, 2005

Bottoms up

Suspect may be developing an allergy to alcohol. Arm broke out in rashes after last night's drinking session at a place whose name I didnt note. The place is at Upper Thomson Road, near Thomson Plaza. There's a Mac nearby and it's above a coffeeshop (read 2nd floor). The view from the wine bar is spectacular. That was the only thing I noted. A perfect place to just sit and watch the world go by. It would have been perfect if they had tuned the music lower, but life is seldom perfect. Met up with Kauri for pool prior. Kauri checked out my cue. His face blanched when he learnt how much it cost. (Btw, before any of you intend to rib me for it, JF's cues cost a whole lot more than mine. Cheech's and YJ's cues too, when you factor in their airfare. Let us not forget Uncle Lyris's custom made cue). He threw me one of his classic lines, that made me want to wring his neck, except that he was way too tall.
In short, I had it bad from him the whole night. The only other friend who does this to me is Junior. And sometimes Dan, on the days when I tease him too much on his meetings across god knows how many time zones.
The above entry was first written on 23 OCT 05. I kept it in the drafts folder, meaning to finish it but never quite had the time. It's incomplete but I'm publishing it all the same. Because it's prob one of the last times I would meet up with Kauri for drinks before he leaves the country on a new posting. There arent many people with whom I can talk about the bizarreness of the organisation and its system.

2 Comments:

Blogger INVS 2.0 said...

Jade....hehehhehe...

Sun Nov 27, 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger As Time Goes By said...

Meano Kauri asked me why didnt I mention that I was beaten flat using my own cue....so here it is amigo!
=P

Starlandliu, u visit my blog too???

JF, I just scanned through your blog. Then I scrolled through Elvina's. Did not have time to read in detail.

Sun Nov 27, 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker