Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Musings

Colin dropped me an offline ICQ msg. I read it and was surprised.
Colin, I do not feel very strongly about things and life in general. Even when I do, I do not write with strong feelings or conviction too. In some ways, I view life from a detached platform. Which is why most friends who read my blog remark that I seem to be trying hard to find things to say. That is not the case. I just do not blog my thoughts. As I've told many people, my life is not an open book for the whole world to read.
A couple of friends after reading the entry on links and lifetimes have asked why bother blogging when the blog entry has nothing to do with the thoughts swimming in my head. Because dear friends, when I re-read the entries, they serve to remind me of what I was thinking then.
To give you a few examples, on the blog entry 'On links and lifetimes', I was actually thinking about the fraility of life and how unpredictable it is. Selena had sent me a mail the day before to say her colleague passed away. I was thinking how planning for tomorrow is a luxury we all will never have one day; how unpredictable life can be when it brings back people you never thought you will meet again; how true the phrase que sera sera is.
On the entry 'What age do you act', I was thinking about Junior and the curve balls life has thrown him.
On the entry 'Freedom', I was reflecting on what Kauri had said to me with regards to living one's life, and how I will be saying yet another goodbye to yet another friend when he leaves the country.
And as for this entry, I am musing over the sms Mad sent me last night before he left for a short trip today as well as my Myers-Briggs result. I wonder how well do I know myself.
Have not had much sleep the last 2 days. Sleep time suffers when you try to squeeze more things into your schedule. Lack of sleep tends to make me blue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May not be relevant. But it came across to my mind when I read your blog.

One British friend of mine was confused by his observation that those Chinese people who had experienced the catastrophic "Culture revolution" still liked to sing the songs of that time. These people were derived of opportunities of going to school in their early teen and sent, almost banished down to the villages and up to the mountains in every remote areas of the country. When they finally came back to the city in the early 80s, they were un-educated, penniless, jobless and in their late 30s. many of them are still in the basement of the urban hierarchy even today. Their whole life was destroyed by the "Culture revolution". But why they still sing those songs that eulogize the disastrous campaign and the dictator who initiated it? My friend asked me for the explanation as I am from china, although I didn’t experience the "Culture revolution". Then I told him "Because they were young! As you sing in your English song - One day when we were young, that wonderful morning in May …"

Viva! Blogs.

Wed Oct 26, 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger As Time Goes By said...

Have noticed that many Chinese do not wish to talk about the Culture Revolution. All my lecturers always side step the topic whenever we ask.

You are brave.

Hold on, I think when I asked you about it, you brushed me off too. Am surprised that you wrote this now.

Wed Oct 26, 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don’t remember you asked me about it. I am not in the position to talk about it too. That revolution ended before I learnt to write my first word. I know something about it only because some remarkable writers recorded their complaints in the form of novels and I read them as legends. I don't know what I was thinking when writing the comment. Guess it is about the mark of the life, like what you marked here.

Thu Oct 27, 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker