Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Singapore 2006 - IMF/World Bank Meet

This is getting ridiculous!

It's one thing to deny protestors, who probably will not achieve anything constructive other than make a lot of noise, entry into the country. It's another to make your tax-paying citizens suffer so much inconvenience for a bunch of over-paid bureaucrats who probably have never been to this country before and never will, if it is not sponsored and they are not lavished with goodie bags.

I went to buy mooncakes today, and had my bags searched TWICE. The last straw came when they wanted to search my mooncake boxes. Then you realise that being a woman has its advantages.

The policeman who barked out the order looked like a pretty high ranked officer, given the number of pins and accessories on his uniform. Plus, he was in charge of giving out orders, while others did the work.

So it was with great satisfaction, to see him glower and simmer silently when I dished out my empty airhead/spoilt brat behaviour, all the while prattling off in a high pitch tone on what a waste of manpower/tax payer's money this was, and how I didnt see why there was a need to search through my mooncakes.

Cheap thrill I know, but it was a mastercard moment, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw his subordinate suppress a smirk. But honestly, if I could get that near to Westin Swissotel, it was enough to detonate whatever bomb I could be hiding underneath my clothes, ala jihad suicide bomber style.

The lobby of Westin Swissotel looked as though a Police Convention had just ended, with police officerSSSSS loittering around not doing anything construtive. Security reasons, is a line that has been bantered about too often and loosely that it is starting to grate on the ears.

If next year my tax bill goes up, I will know the reason why.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Spore has become a fenced up bird cage. HAHAHA.

Thu Sep 14, 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger NA said...

Glad its all over liaoz...

Wed Oct 04, 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker