Friday, February 03, 2006

Days of my life

Am currently ploughing my way through Jewel in the Palace. Yes, I've finally caved in. Thank goodness for the fast fwd button. The Koreans are super drama mamas. Even when on fast fwd, they take forever to cry, open the door, look at the view. Imagine if I'm watching it on normal speed. 'mock horror'
Am quite amazed at the historical inaccuracies of the show.
How could they have cooked the Man-Han Banquet during that period? Did you also notice the uniform of the Ming Ambassador?
At least I think it is the Ming Ambassador, since they always referred to China as 'Da Ming'.
Nana and I were griping about it in office.
Btw, I figured out my double booking tendencies prior to CNY.
Now, trying to rush my assignments out on time. Am on Episode 37 out of 70. And resisting the temptation to watch the last disc. Duck and Pinky will roll their eyes. (grin)
The script however, is really really solid. The best kind of characters are the kind who are neither good nor bad. IMHO, that's the best reflection of life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Hey you are back!! Glad to see you bacK in the blogging groove. :)

Hope you had a great Chinese New Year and may 2006 be filled with wonderful blessings for you!

Sat Feb 04, 12:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should know that I am never a fan of korean drama. And yes, you know me so well, I am rolling my eyes cos of your tendency to just start and end within and hour of watching. HAHAHAHAHA. - Duck

Mon Feb 06, 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger NA said...

Is that Da Chang Jin you are talking about?

Mon Feb 06, 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend also recommended this show and my aunt has a copy.

Personally, I do not fancy Korean dramas like duck - too much repetition and crying! Currently just finished a tvb drama series on law starring lisa wang - not bad.

Another suggestion - watch alternate discs, thus you save 50% of your time! Otherwise next time just borrow the first and last disc! Haha..

Yet another long week in the office...sigh..

Mon Feb 06, 02:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it's Da Chang Jin I'm referring to.

Mon Feb 06, 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker