Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Old Lady, Ice Age 2 and HOLIDAY

I caught Ice Age 2 at Cathay.
Luckily, Ice Age 2 was screened at The Picturehouse, which is Cathay Hall 1. My lit teacher once said that movies allow you to suspend your disbelief. If you wish to be transported back in time where movie halls were works of art, this is the one. Judging from the shops that would be opened there, I am destined to suspend my disbelief a lot at Cathay in the near future.

As for Ice Age 2, it wasnt a blast as the first one. The climax of the movie didnt bring me to the same level of 'high' as the previous one did. But it is worth watching.
Am now just 2 exams away from completing diploma. Then I need a HOLIDAY in caps. Am re-reading Partners in Crime to destress. Like Tuppence, I am now craving for the spirit of adventure......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, movies do allow for the suspension of belief (it's "belief" and not "disbelief"). That is why I like high body count flicks (hot women and lotsa guns/technology/fast cars also help). You are welcome to drop by Philadelphia *tongue in cheek*, although my apartment is too small (only a studio) to host you. The plane ticket isn't cheap anyway, besides which I'll be very busy till end June, so no point. Heading to Thailand again?

Wed Apr 05, 09:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Ice Age 2 is very nice! I planning to purchase a VCD to watch it with my family. Hee hee.

Thu Apr 06, 09:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker