Friday, March 31, 2006

A series of unfortunate events

I hope to think that I am an eternal optimist. But it has been hard to pull self out of this pithole. March has been one of the worst months of my life in terms of hecticness and stress. Every possible deadline was in March. Have not slept much. To compound matters, I feel that I am not only no longer in control of my life, but am also drifting further and further from what I want out of life. Add Murphy's law to the whole equation, where my Internet connection crashed on me frequently, and you get a month to forget.
Am trying hard to be cheerful, but I am not. Too many things demand attention for my limited time. My inbox at work still resembles an intable and I barely made the deadline to hand in assignments. Too many social engagements have piled up. Thankfully, I did not make matters worse by starting to clear the backlog, and making self grouchier. When I am grouchy, the only child syndrome tends to manifests itself, even more so when the required 10 hours of sleep is not a given. I hate it when I am not given a choice nor the time to make my choices.
However, 2 of my friends who went to school with me got married in March. Couple more got promoted. I won a match at my directorate's pool tournamen, played a prank.... so I guess life hasnt been in vain.
Yes, I am looking for the proverbial silver lining in cloud. After all, when you're right at the bottom and things cannot get any worse, the only way left is UP! ......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jia You Jia You Jia You!!! Think March is like a turning point for all of us. Not only have you got two friends who got married in March, one of your friends resigned from her job and is starting work at a more high powered environment! Kekekeke.

Mon Apr 03, 09:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hang in there! March is over, and your birthday will be coming up soon! Also, at least you're in alittle better shape than I am. Last week, I actually forgot about a deadline. Thankfully, the professor was understanding. I've started planning my research trips; might be back in Singapore for about 3 months next summer (2007; not going anywhere this summer) so see you then!

Mon Apr 03, 10:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker