Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tying up loose ends

Have been so busy of late.....the inbox of my personal life has a million mails in it by now. Have not had much time to reply, and procrastination does not help at all.
From reading all your comments to my 'Cant buy me love' post, I realise that you are all tremendously practical people who think with your heads. It was a surprise to me. All the while I had the impression that some of you were more emotional. This is more true of my old friends, who I know to be extremely loyal friends. Perhaps while we have all grown up, in my mind, you are all still the age when we first knew each other. I guess it is the same for you regarding me.
Am going to Chiang Mai on Friday and will be back on Monday. Have yet to pack or do anything constructive....yes, this is such a familiar refrain. It has always been a habit to pack last minute, and since I dont miss out packing anything, there is no reason to change.
Duck changed jobs recently. PY resigned. Squid just moved to a new job not too long ago though it was a lateral move. Pinky is resigning too. WT is sending out resumes and so is Junior. JH has started sending out resumes instead of conqueroring the world and volunteering in disaster areas. I have given up flipping through Recruit on Saturdays because I know it is a forlorn cause until May at least.

DK and I were emailing each other in office. I asked him to remind me again why we are in this job. On some days, I agree with JH that while the work is interesting, it is a badly run organisation. And today, while in the lift, I reflected on DK's response, which was we do not have a choice and smiled a wry smile. I had retorted that I did not have a bond to serve much to his chagrin.
It is hard when you work in an establishment that has a monopoly in the industry. But deep down inside, I know this is not the reason.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are leaving the country again?? Wow! When you coming back? You go on trips so often until sometimes, I don't even realise that you are not in Singapore. Hahahahaha. Same said for me man. Sometimes I tend to forget that we are all GROWN UPS already and still treat you gals like we were still only teenagers. Time really flies. And honestly, think it is time for you to change a job. Else will become stagnant gal!

Wed Mar 01, 08:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wave of excitement at a new job has somehow died down a little as the fun factor has seem to go up quite a fair bit in my current job over the past 2 weeks.

I am joining Kelly's monopoly in a couple of weeks' time. We would be considered distant colleagues I guess. Dunno if I am jumping from the pan into the fire?

Sat Mar 04, 03:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaa.. u deciding to change job ?
stay there. its a nice place.

Sun Mar 12, 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger duck said...

how come u keep on going overseas ah? hmm...

Thu Mar 16, 02:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker