Saturday, November 26, 2005

When you say nothing at all

Realised that when I have insufficient sleep or am cranky and grouchy due to enforced stay at home, or when other incidences happen that causes one's, ok MY patience to wear thin, that is when people will feel the sharp edge of my tongue. And despite my mild exterior, trust me, I can sting like a bee.
Case in point...well way too many to list.
Patience has never been one of my virtues. (This apparently tallies with my Myers-Briggs results.) But I feel I can learn to hold my tongue better. Sometimes if one has nothing good to say, or if what one says is not constructive, it is perhaps better not to say anything at all.
People will forget the words you say to them, but they will never forget how you made them feel. It is one thing to tell a friend how you feel regardless of how blunt and unwelcome the words may be, but it is another to use them as punching bags.

And I have realised that when my patience has been truly stretched, my barbs draw blood.

Sometimes, silence is truly golden.
(this is one of the entries in my draft folder. I wrote this before the 'Poem of Hope' post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker