Monday, October 31, 2005

Far East Square, China Square and Aglio Olio

The weekend where I bumped into my uni friends, KK and I were going to check out this pasta place - Aglio Olio at China Square.
We were there early. My wonderful friend who did an archi x-fac module, gave me a brief tour of Far East Sq and its design (which was based on the 5 elements of fire, water, metal, earth and wood). He had to write an essay on it, so I had fun picking his brain. It reminded me of what he said long ago, on Prof Chua's paper on the concept of space and its centre. The brilliant Professor sat at Taka for 2 days and wrote on people and their interaction with the atrium (ie the big rectangle at B2, at least I think it's called the atrium but I stand being corrected).
Anyways, Algio Olio's food was great. Unfortunately our timing was not. Erdinger was having an Oktober Fest celebration that day, and the noise was deafening. Their breaded mushroom is yummy, but skip the chicken wings, though they recommend it. KFC's chicken wings taste better. Their service is excellent too and the price reasonable. We had 2 appetisers and 2 main course. Bill came up to about 30 bucks. They had a good crowd though it was a Saturday, which to me, speaks more about the place than all the reviews you can read.
Later on, due to a breakdown in communication, KK and I walked for almost an hour to get to Straits Cafe. I love walking, especially when you have someone to talk to. But not when it's hot and humid. Grin! Basically we walked the opposite and adjacent of a triangle when we could have just walked the hypotenuse and save ourselves a lot of trouble. On 3' boots, it was no joke. My feet almost died by the time we got there. But that place is fun!!!!! Huge collection of all kind of boardgames. But it's best to go in a group to have a wider selection of games to play. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger NA said...

Chua Beng Huat huh? Hmmm...

Tue Nov 01, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger As Time Goes By said...

Yes, Prof Chua Beng Huat.
He was my tutor for SC1101. Very cool guy. One of those teachers who make you feel super inspired.

Tue Nov 01, 09:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker