Monday, October 31, 2005

Ah Neh Land and Pool Junction

Skipped to Ah Neh Land during lunchie on Friday. Nana wanted to buy something Indian to wear to a wedding. SM and I tagged along as interested bystanders. I am seriously contemplating tailoring a sari. The colours are all so pretty. *note to self - resist temptation*
When we got back, my Indian colleague gave us a short lecture on saris and punjabi suits, which I may blog about one day if time permits. Somehow the conversation went on to flowers and she remarked that 'a huay by any other name will smell as sweet'. I told her that sounded like something the educated Ah Beng will say and we all laughed. (It's a private joke)
Met WT later that evening for dinner and a game of pool. We waited for more than an hour before we gave up and left. The queue was THAT long. Never, never, never play pool on a Friday unless you go early. So I had to lug my cue back.
Was almost reduced to having to crawl home by this time. You would too, if you have been on your feet the whole day, in 3' boots. I need to appreciate my feet more. *note to self*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker