Monday, October 31, 2005

Back to basics

Am on mc today for a sprained back due to a fall.

Went blading yesterday after I got back from office. Yes, on a Sunday. Tell me about it. =( No, we are not going to war. Anyways, I did something stupid...was not concentrating. The end result was that I fell. My threshold for pain isnt too high. So when my body was going 'ouch ouch ouch', I thought nothing of it.

Later in the night, after my MJ session with Dad, back ached terribly. Went to the doc this morning. He said I sprained it. No blading, no carrying of heavy things, and a few more donts to remember. Got back home, grabbed my Conan Doyle and plonked self on bed to read the ache away. Even lying on the bed causes discomfort. *resigned sigh*
Looks like plans to go kayaking with PY will have to be shelved till the ache goes away. Was supposed to go Minds Cafe with KK and friends today, but had to cancel it. Mentor msged me to ask how I was and suggested I lay off playing pool too. *horrors of horrors* Apparently this back business can have long lasting consequences if I'm not careful. PY said the same thing.

I have never appreciated my back till now. *bleah*
Oh yeah, after last night's mj session, my Dad got incredibly tired of my luck at the mj table and now prefers to play pool with me. *happy smile*

1 Comments:

Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Oh no....hope your back is feeling better. Do take good care of it and try to heal it as much as possible. Because back aches will haunt you when you are much older, so pls pls - heal it asap if u can.

Tue Nov 01, 01:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker